19 October 2007

My First Post! OMG!!1!!

It has finally happened. The unthinkable. The incredible. The frightening.

I have decided to blog.

It isn't that I feel the need to emulate those 9-5 yuppies and blog about my boring-as-hell day to day activities (Today, Fluffy finally peed on the firehydrant outside our two-story brownstone, and I decided to go ahead and purchase that plum pinstriped button-down at Neiman Marcus!), but I do feel that someone might appreciate (if only family and friends) the incredible things that can happen at a hotel restaurant & bar. It shouldn't be too hard for me to post, I think, because something new and amazing - whether the quality is inherent in its stupidity or randomness - almost every night.

So, to introduce myself, I am Ande, the headwaitress/bartender at a local hotel restaurant, The Grill. I work with another bartender (Guy), a waitress (Katie), a Chef (Vicky), a Sous (Sam) and my F&B Manager (Dee). Our restaurant is located here in the lovely Springs, CO, and is directly across the street from the Airport. We are frequented by lewd businessmen, inappropriate pilots, trashy stewardesses and decrepit old people, and also by some of the best guests anyone could ever hope to meet; the kind you remember for years and who permanently affect your life. That would be you, Mr. Sterling, Mr. Lehman.

While I do not expect huge followings like theirs, I would like to recognize the people who inspired me to blog about my experiences, namely my husband, who always wants to know what happened at work and who I met, and enjoys my stories as much as I enjoy telling them.
I'd like to point out that Ribeye at Raging Server and Waiter at Waiterrant are incredible storytellers, and (I imagine) incredible servers, as well. I thank them for the great blogs and effective tips :)

So, to all my family and friends, this blog's for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you thouroughly enjoy your new blogging experience.

Anonymous said...

God she is such a freak, ignore her and she'll go to another blog or forum.